This is a one day Workshop tailored for Teachers, where you will
learn how to deliver a Rocketry program at your school. You will also hear all you need to know about to enter a team from your school in the Schools Rocketry Challenge 2016 where pupils are tasked to launch a rocket carrying a bio-payload (raw hen's egg) and a digital altimeter to a target altitude, recovering the payload intact!
Topics covered include:
• How to Build a Rocket - Parts and their Purpose
• Example Class Activities
• Forces at Work
• Applying the Laws of Motion
• Using Software - for Rocket Construction
• Using Software - for Simulating Flight
• Water Rockets
• Rocket Propellant- Can I Make It?
• Rocket Stability
• Construction Hints
• Safety Procedures
• Launch Analysis (Calculating Altitude and Speed)
• How to Participate in the Schools Rocketry Challenge 2016
Date: Tuesday, 6 October 2015
Time: 8.45am - 4.30pm
Venue: Mt Roskill, Auckland
Free - For the first Teacher from Schools who have already experienced or will be experiencing a rocketry program as part of the Unlocking Curious Minds initiative delivered by Aerospace Education.