Aerotech DMS profile motors are a single use motor featuring a filament-wound fiberglass casing, a glass-reinforced composite phenolic nozzle, and a molded plastic bulkhead. All DMS motors include a FirstFire™ or FirstFire Jr.™ igniter and an integral thrust ring which is designed to fit standard motor retainers.The 14 secs time delay of DMS motors may be shortened using AeroTech's Universal Delay Drilling Tool™ ,
Motor performance data including a sample time-thrust curve are printed on the motor label.
DMS motors are packaged in a distinctive yellow shipping tube with AeroTech logos printed on the outer spiral wrapping, and the same motor label applied to the outside of the tube for easy identification and performance evaluation by the flyer. Caps on the ends of the tube are applied externally and are easy to remove.
DMS motors are different from previous and existing reloadable and single-use motors in the following important ways:
• No hardware to buy, load, clean or lose
• High strength, light weight molded phenolic or filament-wound fiberglass casing
• User adjustable time delays in 2-second increments
• User adjustable ejection charge
• High reliability due to less potential for user error while retaining superior customer adjustability
• Low cost
Profile: DMS (Disposable Motor System)
Primary Use: Single stage